Published on March 11th, 2018 | by Chuck54
[Expired] Office Depot/Max: $10 off $300 in Visa Gift Cards [3/11-3/17]
This offer has expired and is no longer available. Click here to view the latest office depot/max deals.
Direct Link to offer (ad page 15)
- Buy $300 in Visa gift cards at Office Depot/Max and get a $10 instant discount
The Fine Print
- Limit one (1) offer per customer.
- Discount applied at register.
- Offer valid 3/11/18 – 3/17/18.
- Purchase fees may apply.
- Offer valid in store on Visa® gift cards only.
- Product may not be available in all states.
- One offer per transaction.
- The Visa Gift Card is issued by MetaBank®, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Card can be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted in the U.S.
The fee for a $200 Visa gift card is $6.95. Buy two of them for a cost of $413.90, get $10 off which mostly negates the fee, and rack up 2,016 Ultimate Rewards points on your Chase INK Cash/Plus. Alternatively, buy $200 + $100 for $302.90 after the discount. You also get 2% back in Office Depot/Max rewards if you’re enrolled, though rewards are capped at $200 in spend per quarter on gift cards ($4). You can also use Visa SavingsEdge to get another 10% back on Visa business cards (up to $5 per card).
In the end, it’s mainly useful for someone who has a way to spend these down easily, either as a debit transactions or even as organic spend, e.g. taxes. Hopefully your store will let you do more than one offer in separate transactions or allow you to come back multiple times doing one per visit.
Hat tip to Frequentmiler