Published on December 18th, 2016 | by William Charles49
OfficeDepot/Max: $15 Off When You Purchase $300+ In Visa Gift Cards [In Store Only]
No direct link to offer, via Miles To Memories
- Receive an instant $15 off when you purchase $300 or more of Visa gift cards from 12/18/2016 until 12/24/2016 from Office Depot or OfficeMax in store only.
The Fine Print
- Offer valid in store only 12/18/2016 until 12/24/2016.
- Discount applied at register.
- Limit of one per transaction
- The Visa® Gift Card is issued by MetaBank®, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. MetaBank; Member FDIC.
The limit is one per transaction, so that is kind of annoying.
We aren’t sure if/what the limit is (likely to be 1 or 2) this is sometimes enforced and sometimes not (e.g it’s hardcoded by the register but some cashiers will let you do multiple transactions in a row). They usually carry both $200 & $100 gift cards, this deal is much better if it’s a limit of two per transaction as you lower your fees ($4.95-$6.95 per card). As always, make sure to use a credit card that earns at a high rate on office supply purchases.
Also a good chance to use the $20 off $100+ American Express offer. According to our Payments Workshop you can split between at least 8 credit cards at Office Depot & at least 6 at Office Max. That means even if the limit is 2 discounts per transaction you could split between 6 American Express cards with that offer, you’d save $120 in AmEx Offers and then another $30 from this discount. I doubt people have the offer on that many cards though.
They offered a similar promotion in November, so reading the comments there might be useful.
Hat tip to Miles to Memories