Published on February 4th, 2019 | by William Charles31
[Expired] [WI + IL Only] North Shore Bank $300 Checking Bonus – Direct Deposit Optional
Deal has expired, view the best bank bonuses by clicking here.
Update 2/4/19: Back and valid until February 5th, 2019.
Update 10/02/18: Valid until November 7th, 2018
Update 09/24/18: Bonus is back and available until September 30th, 2018. Hat tip to reader CorvetteLynnie.
Update 06/09/18: Deal is back and available until July 31st, 2018
Deal is back and available until May 31st, 2018. Thanks to reader DrBooyah.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300 ($20 per month)
- Availability: Must live, work, attend school or have immediate family in Wisconsin or Northern Illinois. Looks like you need to live close to a branch, otherwise they will open the account and then e-mail you later saying it’s closed. Read comments for more details.
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: 10 debit card transactions or a direct deposit
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $4.95+, waive-able
- Early account termination fee: $40 if closed within 180 days of account opening
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date:
March 31st, 2018 May 31st, 2018 July 31st, 2018 September 30th, 2018 November 7th, 2018February 5th, 2019
- North Shore Bank is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new checking account with the promotional code “JANUARY SPECIAL“. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- You receive a monthly $20 bonus when you either have 10 qualified debit card transactions or a direct deposit for that statement credit. You can receive this bonus for 15 months, starting the March 2019 statement
The Fine Print
- New personal households only.
- One new customer incentive bonus per household every 24 months.
- Debit card or direct deposit bonus of $20.00 will be credited to the new checking account each month after your statement cycles for up to 14 months provided you have had 10 qualified debit card transactions or a direct deposit for that statement cycle.
- ATM transactions will not qualify.
- Direct deposit must be payroll, Social Security, pension or other government benefits.
- Fees may be applied and could reduce earnings.
- Offer available until 9/31/2018.
- New checking bonus will begin with the July 2018 statements.
- To receive the $20.00 mobile deposit bonus a mobile deposit must be posted to the account by 6/30/2018.
- For tax purposes, a 1099 form may be issued. When opening online use promo code May Special. Visit northshorebank.com for details.
Monthly fees are waived on all of their accounts for the first three months. If you close your account within 180 days of opening they will charge you an early account termination fee of $40.
eChecking $4.95 Monthly
This is waived with debit card usage and eStatements or direct deposit (wages or social security) and eStatements.
Better-Than-Free $4.95 Monthly
This is waived with an average balance of $750 or $2,500 in relationship balances or any loan or direct deposits or 10 debit card transactions.
In the past they have offered bonuses of up to $150. That bonus didn’t have any bonus requirements, where as this bonus has requirements each month for 14 months. That being said this bonus is $300 vs $150 and meeting debit card transaction requirements shouldn’t be too difficult for most people. It’s nice that keeping the account fee free is also quite easy (having $750 on deposit). Personally I do think this $300 bonus is worth doing, because of that I will be adding it to the list of the best checking bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times