Published on November 4th, 2018 | by William Charles6
[Expired] [PA only] Belco Community Bank $200 In Branch Checking Bonus
Sadly it looks like this deal has expired and is no longer being offered. For the best current checking bonuses by click here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Must open in branch, all branches are in PA [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, at least two that total $1,000
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Expiration date: None listed
- Open a new Belco checking account in branch (no online option) and receive a bonus of $100 when you receive two direct deposits within 90 days of account opening. Direct deposits must total $1,000 or more
- Receive a further $100 when you add a Belco debit or credit card and make 10 purchases [Read: How To Meet Minimum Debit & Credit Transaction Requirements]r
- Receive another $100 when you add a loan of $10,000 or more
The Fine Print
- Offer valid on new personal checking accounts only with a minimum opening deposit of $25.
- Must meet qualifying criteria to open checking account.
- Offer not valid for anyone who has been the primary name on a Belco personal checking account during the previous 12 months.
- One offer per SSN.
- Offer not valid on business accounts.
- All requirements must be completed during the 90-day period immediately following the opening date of the new checking account (qualifying period).
- Direct deposit transactions must total a minimum of $1,000; minimum of two direct deposit transactions required during the qualifying period. ATM transactions excluded from the 10 required card purchase; all transactions must post and clear the account during the qualifying period.
- Following the qualifying period, a monetary incentive of $100, $200, or $300 will be deposited to the checking account opened for this promotion for members who have met the qualifications, as listed above.
Cannot be combined with any other offer. New checking account must be open and in good standing(account balance within ODP limit) at the time of the incentive payout or payout is forfeited.
- New checking account must remain open for a minimum of six months, or the incentive may be subject to forfeiture.
- Incentive is only available once per SSN during any calendar year. Incentive is considered taxable income; consult your tax advisor.
- Offer subject to change or cancellation at anytime with out notice.
Easiest account to keep fee free will be the basic checking account as this has no monthly fees. I wasn’t able to find the fee schedule, so I’m unsure if any early account termination fee is charged or not. Although I suspect it doesn’t really matter for most people due to the no monthly fee.
This bonus is a little annoying as you need to open in branch, complete two direct deposits and some debit card transactions. I doubt you can fund with a credit card in branch, but because it’s a soft pull if you live relatively close to a branch then this is worth doing. If you have any experiences, then please share them in the comments below. You can view a list of the bonuses we do recommend here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank