Published on August 5th, 2019 | by Chuck44
[Expired] Pay Your Rent With Credit Card On Rentals.com; Get First 2 Months Fee-Free With American Express
Rentals.com has a rent pay option which allows paying your rent with a credit card for a 3% fee. ACH payments are free. It works for anyone, even if your landlord is not on their system, as they simply send out a check in that case.
- Rentals.com is offering to refund the convenience fee for the first two months of your rent payment if you use American Express with Autopay.
They obviously want customers who will continue using the service long term, though I suppose you can always cancel the autopay if you decide not to continue using their service.
The Fine Print
- Please see the complete Terms and Conditions (which govern this offer).
- Offer valid for first 1,000 eligible renters.
- Void where prohibited.
- Only open to legal residents who are the age of majority in the U.S. or Washington, DC.
- Offer open from 12:01am ET on June 27, 2019 through 11:59pm ET on October 5, 2019.
- Sponsored by RentPath, LLC, 950 E. Paces Ferry Road NE, Suite 2600, Atlanta, GA 30326.
- American Express is not a sponsor or administrator of this rebate promotion.
The regular rate of 3% isn’t bad, though not the best, see our list Pay Your Rent With A Credit Card (Or Debit) – Complete List Of Options for various options, including Plastiq for 2.5%.
It’s interesting that they prefer Amex cards, either that’s because they pay less fees with Amex (surprising), or else they think it’s the right clientele for their business. I just want to stress that I know nothing about Rentals.com or their history. Please comment below if you’ve used them in the past.
Hat tip to reader Jay