- Spirit Airlines Dramatically Drops Price Of Checked Bags And Carry-ons Purchased At Gate by Le Chic Geek. This is only on the fees charged at the gate and not at ticket purchase/airport.
- Hotel Des Indes is leaving the SPG program for Leading Hotels of the World (dutch warning). I suspect a lot of hotels will be leaving the SPG as soon as their contract is up, especially if it’s up in the near future as a result of the poorly implemented Marriott merger and the massive data breach.
- Lyft To Get A Lift From IPO? by PYMNTS. Looks like Airbnb, Uber & Lyft will all go the IPO route in 2019. Uber seems massively overvalued to me if it goes anywhere near 120 billion.
- Mastercard, Visa Propose Cutting Fees for European Merchants by WSJ.
Deals expiring at the end of today or starting today (view the full deal calendar here):
- [Targeted] American Express SPG Luxury Card 125,000 Point Bonus
- [Targeted] AmEx Offer: AT&T, Spend $200/$150 & Receive $200/$50 Statement Credit
- [CA, AZ & CO] $300 FirstBank Checking Bonus – Direct Deposit Optional
- Sears: $10 Off $10+ In Store – Text FROSTY TO 73277
- Kmart: $5 Off $5+ In Store – Text JINGLE to 56278
Deals expiring at end of tomorrow: