Deal has expired, view more American Express deals by clicking here.
Offer sent out via e-mail. Subject line is ‘New Card, Exclusive Offer – 125,000 Bonus Points’
- American Express has sent out an offer for 125,000 points after $5,000 spend on the new SPG Luxury card
- Expires December 7th, 2018
- $450 annual fee
- $300 in statement credits each year of card membership for eligible purchases at SPG & Marriott properties
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 6x points per $1 spent at participating SPG & Marriott Rewards hotels
- 3x points per $1 spent at U.S. restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines
- 2x points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Free night award every year after your card account anniversary (can be used at any property that costs under 50,000 points per night)
- Complimentary gold elite status
- Platinum elite status after you spend $75,000 or more on the card in a calendar year
- Starting in 2019: 15 nights towards elite status (you’re restricted to getting this benefit once per Marriott Loyalty program number)
- Unlimited complimentary priority pass lounge access for you and up to two accompanying guests
- Statement credit for Global Entry ($100) or TSA PreCheck ($85) every four years
- No foreign transaction fees
- Free, unlimited Boingo Wi-Fi access
- Free in-room premium internet access at SPG & Marriott participating hotels
- Read full review here
- Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this Card. We may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility.
- Effective 8/26, welcome offer not available to applicants who (i) have or have had The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® Credit Card from JP Morgan in the last 30 days, (ii) have acquired The Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase, The Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card from Chase, or The Marriott Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card from Chase in the last 90 days, or (iii) received a welcome or upgrade offer for The Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase, The Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card from Chase, or The Marriott Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card from Chase in the last 24 months.
This is better than the 100,000 point launch bonus we saw yesterday that is publicly available. Some people have received this offer even though they already applied for the new card, American Express doesn’t match bonuses but it’s frequently possible to get them to offer courtesy points. I suspect this is an offer we will see publicly available sometime after 8/26, but that’s just an educated guess at this stage. I do think the card is worth picking up if you can use the $300 in statement credits and won’t be eligible after 8/26. If you are still eligible after 8/26 then I do think it’s possible we will see an even bigger bonus than 125,000 points (maybe 100,000 + free night) at some stage in the future. Before applying make sure you read these things everybody should know about American Express credit cards.