Published on November 6th, 2019 | by William Charles264
Reports of American Express Shutting Down Some Users Accounts (Update: Transfer Out)
Update: For those who were shut down there are a number of datapoints (1, 2, 3, 4) of people being able to call in and still transfer out their points. Worth a try if you’re in this situation. One person also appealed the decision and were given an official response that the accounts were shut down due to self referrals.
Original post: Today in the /r/churning daily discussion thread a number of users have reported that American Express has shut down all of their accounts, there is now a dedicated shut down thread as well. At this stage it is not clear how American Express has targeted people for this wave of shut downs, so we are trying to get some additional information. If you have been shut down it would be helpful to provide answers to the following questions:
- Did you do manufactured spending in bonus categories?
- Did you do multiple pay-over-times?
- Did you do self-referrals?
- Have you ever had a financial review?
- Did you know certain methods that can reset spend limits?
- Do you have multiple of the same cards?
- Did you apply for the no AF Hilton Aspire that was linked today?