Staples is offering a holiday bonus on the purchase of Staples e-gift cards.
- Purchase $300 in Staples e-gift cards and receive a $50 Staples promo code. The gift cards don’t expire ever; the promo card can be used between 12/26/15 and 1/9/16. Limit one per customer.
Simply add $300 in Staples gift cards to your cart and the $50 promo credit will show automatically.
Note: Staples e-gift cards are processed through a third-party website and will not earn bonus points on INK.
The Fine Print
- Offer valid between December 6th and December 12th, 2015, or until the max issuance of $50 Staples “ePromo Cards” has been reached
- Limit one per customer
- Must purchase entire $300 in one transaction in order to qualify for $50 promo offer
- $50 Staples ePromo Card will be emailed on December 26th, 2015; $50 Staples ePromo card will NOT be sent immediately
- Only one $50 Staples “ePromo Card” may be redeemed per in store or online transaction
- The $50 Staples “ePromo Card” is only valid for redemption between 12/26/2015 and 01/09/2016
- eGift Cards may be purchased using Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover
Pretty good deal for Staples shoppers. You’ll lose out on the bonus INK points, but it’s still a 14% discount which is quite good.
This one is confusing. At first, I thought you were telling us that we could get a $50 Staples promo gift card (for products bought at Staples) if we could purchase $300 in e-gift cards (of any variety) as sold via the Staples e-gift card mall.
But then I saw you note it wouldn’t work w/ the Ink card bonus — which puzzled me, as I know they ordinarily do with e-gift card purchases I make routinely via Staples on-line.
But now I surmise that this promo is to buy a gift card that only works at Staples — and then get a “promo” $50 discount to be used later….
If that’s all this is, then no thanks Can do a LOT better via Sears/Kmart (gasp)
E-gift cards purchased on staples.com do earn 5x with INK, but Staple’s own e-gift cards are processed by a third party and won’t earn 5x.
Can you buy gift cards at staples with a staples gift card? And can you use the $50 cert for gift cards? If so, decent discount in Chipotle and gas gift cards!!
Official policy is: no and no.
Enforced in your experience?
From what I read, it’s usually enforced.