Published on November 21st, 2018 | by William Charles167
Star One Credit Union $120 Checking Bonus + $100 Per Referral, No Bonus Requirements [Santa Clara, CA only]
Update 11/21/18: Bonus is now $120 for the person signing up and $100 for the person referring (before it was $120 & $60, so only better for the person referring). Hat tip to reader EW.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $120
- Availability: Star One offers membership to individuals who live, work, or attend school in Santa Clara County, as well employees of corporate sponsors, immediate family members* of current Star One members, and Star One Credit Union employees
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: Up to $1,000
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Receive a sign up bonus of $120 when somebody refers you to be a new member of Star One Credit Union and you open a new checking account. Person who refers you will also receive $60 (no limit on referrals)
The Fine Print
- The bonus will be deposited into your Money Market Savings Account upon verification that a new Membership and a
Checking account have been established. Bonus is subject to IRS reporting. Minor and transfer to minor accounts not
eligible for bonus. Star One Credit Union staff not eligible for the bonus
- Minimum deposit of $50 required to establish a new Membership account. Minimum $100 deposit to open a Checking
account. Existing and previous Star One members do not qualify as new members
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
You need somebodies Full Name & E-mail address to refer them you also need to fill out the referral form, feel free to share your details in the comments. You can receive a limit of $240 in referral bonuses. They might also sometimes ask you for the phone number of the person you referred.
Star One Credit Union offers a free checking account that qualifies for this deal, there is also no early account termination fee.
If you live in a service area and can get referred, this is a good deal as there are no requirements to get the bonus. Would be even better if you can fund with a credit card. Feel free to share your experiences and referral information in the comments, we’ll add it to our best bank bonus page once we have at least one person giving out referrals.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank