Published on March 3rd, 2020 | by Chuck49
Star Trek Credit Card Offering $300 Signup Bonus With $2,000 Spend
- Receive a sign up bonus of $300 cash back after $2,000 in spend within 90 days on the Star Trek credit card issued by NASA Federal Credit Union.
- Cards earn at the following rates:
- 3x points on purchases at Startrek.com
- 2x points on gas purchases
- 1x points on all other purchases
- Annual fee of $39 (not waived first year)
- Points can be redeemed for exclusive rewards and experiences
- Four Star Trek card designs to choose from
- Free Experian FICO Score
Each point is worth 1.5 cents when redeemed for cash, so essentially you’re earning 4.5% back on Startrek.com, 3% back on gas, and 1.5% back everywhere else.
You also need to be a member of NASA FCU, that will result in a hard pull (in addition to the hard pull for applying to this card), so if you care about hard pulls this likely isn’t worth it.
After deducting the annual fee, you’ll land up with a $261 net (minus the opportunity cost which lies in the $2,000 spend requirement). Could be worth it for some. They used to offer 50,000 points on $5,000 spend, now they’ve switched over to a cash offer.
Hat tip to tom0963