Published on July 18th, 2017 | by William Charles13
[Targeted] Earn A Bonus 10,000/15,000 SPG Points After $10,000/$15,000 Spend On American Express Personal SPG Cards
- Earn 15,000 (or 10,000) bonus Starpoints after you spend $15,000 (or $10,000) in qualifying purchases on your registered SPG Credit card from American Express from the time you register to September 30th
The Fine Print
- Register and earn 15,000 bonus Starpoints® after you spend $15,000 in qualifying purchases on your Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express (“Purchase Requirement”) starting from the time you complete registration through September 30, 2017 (“Purchase Period”).
- Registration period ends on August 15, 2017.
- Purchases may fall outside of the Purchase Period (and therefore not qualify for the bonus points) in some cases, such as a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction. (For example, if you buy goods online, the purchase date may be the date the goods are shipped.)
- Qualifying purchases can be made by the Basic Card Member and any Additional Card Members on a single Card Account.
- Qualifying purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of traveler’s checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of any cash equivalents. Additional Card Members on your account are not eligible for this offer.
Basically an extra 1x point per $1 spent if you can spend $10,000/$15,000. Problem with these types of offers is you really need to make sure you can meet the large spend requirements otherwise you don’t get any sort of bonus. Earning 2x SPG points is strong due to the fact you can transfer them to so many airlines at a 1:1 rate (and also get 5,000 bonus miles when you transfer 20,000 or more) and they also transfer to Marriott at a 1:3 rate (useful for hotel + air packages). Unfortunately the offer is also targeted.
Hat tip to /r/churning