Deal has expired, view the best current checking bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100 checking + $50 savings (might show a lower bonus on phone)
- Availability: OK & MO only, If you don’t live within 50 miles of a branch you won’t be eligible for the offer (it’ll let you sign up and then they will later close your account) [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: Use promo code
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $1,000 with a credit card. Mastercard & Visa are accepted
- Monthly fees: $3, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: 90 days, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2018
- Central Bank is offering a bonus of up to $150, bonus is broken down as follows:
- Earn $100 when you open a MyChoice checking account and set up a recurring direct deposit within 90 days of account opening
- Earn an additional $50 when you open a SaveUp saving account with your MyChoice checking account. You must also deposit $50 at account opening and maintain that balance for 90 days from date of account opening
The Fine Print
- To receive the $100 checking bonus: 1) Open a new MyChoice Checking account; 2) Deposit $50 or more at account opening; AND 3) Set up a recurring Direct Deposit within 90 days of account opening. Acceptable types of recurring Direct Deposits include Payroll, Pension or Government Benefit. No minimum balance required to obtain bonus
- To receive the $50 savings bonus: 1) Meet all requirements for Checking account bonus 2) Open a new SaveUp Savings account at the same time as your MyChoice Checking account; 3) Deposit $50 or more at account opening; AND 4) have at least a $500 balance 90 days from the date of account opening
- Bonuses are reported to the IRS as interest.
- Bonuses will be deposited into the MyChoice Checking account within 15 business days after account(s) 1) meet all requirements AND 2) has been open for 90 days AND 3) Checking Account balance is greater than zero
- . Available to new checking account customers only.
- Online accounts using an offer code may only be redeemed by the intended recipient and are nontransferable.
- Eligibility for this offer will be verified prior to providing the bonus.
- One offer per household.
- We reserve the right to not open accounts for customers outside our market area.
- Not all offers are available at all affiliates of Central Bancompany.
- Please contact us for further details. Promotion ends 12/31/2018
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The MyChoice checking account has a $3 monthly fee, it’s avoidable if you do any of the following:
- Maintain a recurring direct deposit
- Use your debit card at least 10 times for a point of sale transaction
- Keep an average daily balance of at least $500
- Set up a monthly transfer between MyChoice Checking and SaveUpSM Saving
You do need to keep the account open for more than 90 days otherwise you’ll be charged an early account termination fee. Savings account has no monthly fees.
Last time they offered this, the targeted language was enforced. That bonus was also much better as it didn’t require a direct deposit at all. Because of this I won’t be adding this bonus to the best checking bonuses currently available. Probably worth waiting for a better bonus to come along even if you were targeted.
Hat tip to DDG
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times