Published on May 25th, 2019 | by William Charles5
[Expired] [TN only] Old Hickory Credit Union $250 Checking Bonus
Deal has expired, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: TN only, must be referred
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum mentioned
- Additional requirements: None mentioned
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $4.95, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: June 30th, 2019
- Old Hickory Credit Union is offering a bonus of $250 when you’re referred by an existing member (they will receive $25 for referring you). To receive the bonus you need to complete the following requirements for the first two months:
- Open a Premier Dividend checking account (any other account only gets $150)
- Receive eStatements
- Make 10 debit card transactions
- Complete at least one ACH/Direct Deposit/Payroll Deduction transaction monthly
The Fine Print
- Promotion runs to June 30th, 2019. This offer may be cancelled at any time. Must be 18 years old or older at time of account opening to qualify. Old Hickory Credit Union (OHCU) employees are not eligible for this promotion. If a bonus is paid it will be reported to the IRS as interest, in the year received, as required by applicable law and will be reported on IRS form 1099-INT for the year received.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has a $4.95 monthly fee, this is waived if you meet the same requirements as needed for the bonus (see above) each month.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
Difficult to know if this is a good or bad deal without knowing if this is a hard or soft pull to open. If anybody knows please share in the comments and also share your referral details.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times