This bonus has expired and is no longer available. View the best checking bonuses here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200 + $50 donation to charity
- Availability: Boyertown branch only, 101 East Philadelphia Ave. | Boyertown, PA 19512
- Direct deposit required: Yes, totaling $250 within 60 days of account opening. Keep in mind they manually check for this.
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $500 with a credit card
- Monthly fees: $8+, waivable
- Early account termination fee: $20, 180 days.
- Expiration date: February 15th, 2017
- Household limit: One bonus per individual, households not mentioned
- Open a new Direct Checking, True Advantage or True 62 checking account at Tompkins VIST bank Boyertown branch and receive a $200 cash bonus + a $50 donaiton to a local community organization when you do the following:
- Receive a direct deposits totaling $250 or more within the first 60 days from account opening
The Fine Print
- To qualify receive $200 when you open a Direct Checking, True Advantage or True 62 checking account between 12/5/16 and 02/15/17 and have direct deposits totaling $250 or more within the first 60 days from account opening.
- $200 customer bonus will be credited to your account within 60 days after qualifying direct deposits are received. Offer available to anyone residing at this address cannot be combined with any other offers.
- Limit of one bonus per individual.
- The bonus is considered interest and will be reported to the IRS on Form 1099-INT.
- Direct Deposits are limited to payroll, Social Security, pension and government benefits.
- Offer is not available to existing customers of Tompkins VIST Bank. employees of Tompkins VIST Bank and its affiliates are not eligible for this promotion.
- Limited time offer.
- Certain restrictions may apply. $50 cash donation to one of the local non-profit organizations listed in this advertisement will be provided by April 15, 2017.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Direct checking has a $8 monthly maintenance fee (and another $2.50 for paper statements) this is avoided if you do any of the following:
- Receive direct deposits totaling $500 or more
- Complete 10 debit card transactions
The other accounts are more difficult to keep fee free. There is an early account termination fee of $20 if the account is closed within 180 days of account opening.
Little bit of a pain to avoid the monthly fee but otherwise this is a pretty good bonus, major downside is that it has to be opened in branch and only one branch is participating. If anybody has any datapoints, then please share them in the comments below. We haven’t added this to our list of the best bank account bonuses due to the fact we don’t know enough about it.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank