Published on April 13th, 2019 | by William Charles4
[Expired] [TX only] Prestige Community Credit Union $150 Checking Bonus
Deal has expired, view more checking account bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: Must live, work or attend school within a 10 mile radius of one of their financial centres [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $400+
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft Pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown, sensitive
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $25, 180 days
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: May 10th, 2019
- Prestige Community Credit Union is offering a bonus of $150 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Receive a minimum direct deposit of $500 per month within 60 days of account opening
- Account also earns 10¢ per debit card transaction over $0.99
The Fine Print
- Minimum direct deposit of $400 per month required.
- First direct deposit must be made within 60 days of opening the account.
- Must open new Payback Checking account.
- Bonus may be subject to income tax reporting.
- 10¢ rebates valid on all signature based debit transactions over $0.99.
- Select the “credit” option on all transactions, do not enter PIN.
- The credit union reserves the rights to determine if transactions processed under the 10¢ cash back program are usual and customary.
- For transactions that are not usual and customary, they are 1) not eligible for the rewards payment and 2) may result in loss of check card privileges and any accrued rewards cash.
- Not valid in conjunction with other offers or conversion accounts.
- Prestige CU Mobile App offers account details, transfers and mobile deposit.
- ffer good through 5/10/19. Subject to change at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Payback checking acocunt has no monthly fee to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
According to this fee schedule you will be charged $25 if closed within 180 days of account opening.
We’ve previously posted about a $100 referral bonus. This deal is better if you’re just signing up for yourself, if you have somebody that can refer you and will give you some/all of the $100 they get then that bonus might be a better option.
Hat tip to ragormack
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times