Published on September 3rd, 2017 | by Chuck28
U.S. Bank Cash+ Offering $125 Bonus & Extra .5% Cash Back On All Purchases For First Year
The US Bank Cash+ card now has an offer where new applicants can get three separate bonuses:
- Get $100 bonus after spending $500 within 3 months
- Get $25 bonus when redeeming your first $100 in a single redemption
- Get an extra .5% bonus on all earnings for your first cardmember year:
- 5.5% on select categories you can choose from, max $2k per quarter (instead of standard 5%)
- 2.5% on select categories you can choose from (instead of standard 2%)
- 1.5% everywhere else (instead of standard 1%)
The Fine Print
- Existing and previous Cash+ Card accounts do not qualify for this offer
- This is an online offer only
The $100 signup bonus + $25 redemption bonus have been around for a long time, and the .5% bonus has been around since July. These deals used to be mutually exclusive until sometime in the past couple of days; they are now offering the cash bonuses and the earnings bonus together.
If you max out the $2k quarterly categories, you’ll be getting an extra $10/quarter during the first year due to the .5% bonus (aside from the standard 5% earn). You can max this out at five quarters, being that we’re in the middle of a quarter now, for a total $50 added from the extra .5%. Overall, the total signup bonus would be $100 + $25 + $50 = $175. Some people might also get some value from the 2.5% selected category, and this one is unlimited earn.
Not sure it’s worth signing up for the signup bonus alone, but a lot of people find the card worth getting due to the rotating 5% categories which can get you $400/yr if you max out the 5% categories. These bonus offers certainly make it more enticing. Check out these Things to Know about US Bank Credit Cards before applying.
Hat tip to @telewatcr