Published on November 8th, 2017 | by sirtheta2
US Bank Aeromexico Visas – 25,000 or 30,000 Miles / $2,000
The Aeromexico Visa website has some unexpected “limited-time offers” available for the US Bank Aeromexico Visa and Aeromexico Visa Signature cards, with an additional 10,000 miles available as compared to the standard offers.
- Open an Aeromexico Visa Signature card and earn 20,000 miles after you first “use” the card (either paying the annual fee or using your card for a purchase). Earn an additional 10,000 miles after you spend $2,000 within 90 days of account opening.
- If you do not qualify for the Aeromexico Visa Signature card, you’ll be considered for the Aeromexico Visa card. The signup-bonus-specific difference is that the Aeromexico Visa Signature card only earns 15,000 miles after you first “use” the card (either paying the annual fee or using your card for a purchase). You still earn an additional 10,000 miles after you spend $2,000 within 90 days of account opening.
- Earns 2x miles on gas, groceries, Aeromexico tickets, and Aeromexico vacations
- Earns 1x miles on all other purchases
- Annual fee of $80 (Visa Signature) / $45 (Visa) is waived for the first year
- Host of other benefits available on the Aeromexico Visa website or US Bank’s website
Aeromexico’s frequent flier program is Club Premier and is kilometer-based, so each “mile” is worth 1.6 Premier Points. Club Premier’s award charts are all in Premier Points, so you can translate back to miles by multiplying those values by 0.625.
You can redeem Aeromexico miles for Aeromexico flights, or for flights on SkyTeam partners. I’m told that people find the program very useful as a transfer partner for Membership Rewards, which would imply that the miles are pretty useful.
The downside is that the Aeromexico cards are issued by US Bank, which is notoriously hard to get approval from once you’re deeper in to churning. I don’t see these increased bonuses as better than scores of bonuses from other major issuers, or even as better than the bonuses on a few of US Bank’s other cards – but everyone’s needs are different!
There’s also uncertainty as to which card you’ll get, since you won’t be approved for the Visa Signature unless US Bank is willing to extend you a credit line of $5,000 at minimum. The signup bonus less 5,000 miles is a large (proportionally) loss if US Bank will only approve you for the Visa.
As always, you’ll want to read these things everybody should know about U.S. Bank before applying for the cards. And don’t forget that you can view all of our current best credit card offers here.