Published on February 11th, 2016 | by William Charles3
[UT only] Mountain America Credit Union $125 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $125
- Availability: See below
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: Enroll in eStatements
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull via Experian according to customer service rep.
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Six months or bonus is forfeited
- Expiration date: February 13th, 2016
- Open a MyStyle Checking from Mountain America, using the promotional code “MACU125” and receive a sign up bonus of $125 when you complete the following requirements:
- Sign up for eStatements
- Initiate a monthly direct deposit such as payroll, pension, unemployment, Social Security or other government benefits
- You’re also automatically enrolled in their rewards program, the more features you activate the more benefits you can choose from (including $25 anniversary bonus and $3 amazon gift card every month)
The Fine Print
- Requirements must be completed within 60 days of account opening
- Reward will be deposited into account within 30 business days after eStatement setup and initial direct deposit posting
- Account must remain open for minimum of six months from reward date, or it will be debited from account at closing.
- Limit one reward per person, per household
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
- Need to live in one of the following areas: Salt Lake County, Duchesne County, Wasatch County in UT census tract 940300, or Uintah County in UT census tract 940100 or 940200 or
- Work for one of the Select Employer Groups or
- Have an immediate family member that is already a member
There is no monthly fees or minimums on this account, it does need to be kept open for six months otherwise the bonus is forfeit.
Bonus isn’t worth it due to the hard pull, there are so many better bonuses out there so try one of those instead.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank