Published on February 25th, 2015 | by William Charles3
Wingz Review – Airport Car Service & $10 Free Credit For Signing Up
Wingz is a riding sharing (similar to Uber) door to door (home to airport or airport to home) car service. They currently only operate out of these select airports:
- Austin-Bergstom International Airport (AUS)
- Dallas Love Field (DAL)
- Dallas/Forth Worth International Airport (DFW)
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
- Portland International Airport (PDX)
- Denver International Airport (DEN)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- Burbank Bob Hope Airport (BUR)
- Los Angeles Int’l Airport (LAX)
- Chicago Midway Int’l Airport (MDW)
- Oakland Int’l Airport (OAK)
- Chicago O’Hare Int’l Airport (ORD)
- Phoenix Sky Harbor Int’l Airport (PHX)
- San Diego Int’l Airport (SAN)
- San Francisco Int’l Airport (SFO)
- Mineta San Jose Int’l Airport (SJC)
The rates are fixed and are dependent on which airport you’re going to/from and your address. When I compared the prices in Los Angeles, they seemed to be slightly cheaper than a taxi and more expensive than UberX (with no surge pricing).
I am yet to try Wingz, next time I head out to the airport I will definitely be giving them a go (if only just to eat up my $10 credit). There aren’t a lot of reviews of this service online yet either.
Reviews on the Android app are exceptionally mixed with 20 people giving it only a one star rating. Most of the complaints seem to be around the fact that the app sucks, although a few complain that the prices are more expensive than a taxi.
Reviews on the apple app store seem to be a lot more favorable. Most interesting are the reviews on yelp for the SFO business, which are all positive.
I like the fact that the fare is a fixed rate and you can schedule when you want to be picked up. Obviously it’s really going to come down to whether the prices are competitive and how friendly/prompt the drivers are.
Wingz offer a referral program, when you refer a friend they will automatically receive $10 in credit. When they complete their first ride you will also receive a $10 credit. Referral and sign up credits are automatically used if they are available.
If you like you can use my referral link, you can also share yours in the comments. To find your referral link you just need to log in and go to: https://wingz.me/invite/
Wingz looks good enough to try at least once for my mind. There are so many of these services that it’s difficult to keep up with them. I doubt I’d use Wingz on and on going basis unless they were running a promotion of some description or if I had some referral credits.
If you’ve used Wingz before, let me know in the comments what your experience was like. Would you recommend it to others?