Published on June 12th, 2018 | by William Charles74
[WV, PA, OH, IN, KY, In Branch Only] WesBanco $200 Checking Promotion + $50 For Referring Friend
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: WV, PA, OH, IN, KY Only. Must open in branch [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: Optional, two direct deposits of at least $200 each (+$50)
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Unsure
- Monthly fees: $4, waivable
- Early account termination fee: Unsure
- Expiration date:
December 31st, 2016None mentioned
- Household Restriction: None listed
- Get up to $200 when you open a new Wesbanco checking account. Note that the webpage doesn’t specifically mention the bonuses for each requirement, but according to this comment it is as follows:
- Receive $100 for mobile banking & completing 20 debit card transactions for activating eStatement
- Receive $100 for making two direct deposits of at least $200 each
- Receive $50 for referring a friend via the refer a friend form (not sure if the friend being referred can get this bonus as well or not)
The Fine Print
- Customers with a current checking account, or who transfer funds from an existing WesBanco deposit account, are not eligible for any of the bonuses.
- The minimum balance to open an account and receive a bonus is $50.
- All qualifying activity must occur and post to the account within 90 days of the date of account opening.
- Please allow up to five business days after 90-day period for bonus credit.
- Mobile Banking and Debit Card Use Bonus: Enroll in Mobile Banking, open and activate a new debit card, and complete 20 debit card purchase transactions.
- Direct deposit Bonus: Make two direct deposits of at least $200.
- Refer a Friend Bonus:
- Friend must open a qualified checking account with a Refer a Friend form and be a new WesBanco checking account customer. B
- onus will be credited to the account after the referred friend opens a checking account.
- Bonuses may not be used in combination with other offers, are subject to change without notice and limited to one per account.
- Customers that have received a new account opening or debit card usage bonus on any previous WesBanco checking account are not eligible for this offer.
- No bonus will be paid if the account is in overdraft at the time the bonus is to be credited.
- Businesses and employees are not eligible for bonuses. Program subject to change without notice.
Their basic checking account has a $4 monthly service charge, this is waived if you receive eStatements or maintain a monthly balance of $500. I couldn’t find their fee schedule, so I’m unsure if they charge an early account termination fee or not.
They offered the same bonus of $200 back in 2014, so if you’re interested I’d probably pick up the account now as there is no guarantee it’ll be back anytime soon. The account needs to be opened in branch by the looks of things, quite a few requirements to get the full bonus – I’d be interested to see if you can fund with a credit card or not.
Will most likely add it to our list of the best bank bonuses if we can get some more data points.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank