Published on August 1st, 2018 | by William Charles3
[Expired] [YMMV] American Express Transfer Bonus: 25% To JetBlue (1:1)
This bonus has now expired, click here to view all the current and previous American Express transfer bonuses.
- American Express is offering a 25% transfer bonus when you transfer your Membership Rewards points to JetBlue. These points usually transfer 250:200. Under this promotion they transfer at 250:250. Valid until 10/01/2018
The Fine Print
- Valid until October 1st, 2018
- Minimum transfer is 250 Membership Rewards points.
- For each conversion of points into the Frequent Flyer program of a U.S. airline, a fee of $0.0006 per point, with a maximum fee of $99, will be charged to your Card account.
- We charge this fee to offset the federal excise tax we must pay on such conversions.
- The fee may be more or less than the actual amount of the excise tax we pay on any individual conversion.
- We may offer you the option to redeem points to cover this fee.
American Express has offered the following transfer bonuses on JetBlue before:
- February 26th – March 25th, 2018: 10-30% bonus [targeted]
- November 1st – November 30th, 2017: 25% bonus
- May 1st – May 31st, 2017: 25% bonus
- August 15th – September 15th, 2014: 25% bonus
- June 12th, 2012 – June 17th, 2012: 30% bonus
As you can see the 25% bonus is a standard sort of transfer bonus, biggest is 30%. You can view a full list of all the transfer bonuses American Express have offered here. They are currently also offering a 30% transfer bonus to Virgin Atlantic. How useful this transfer bonus will depend on how much you value JetBlue points, membership rewards points.
Hat tip to Running With Miles