Published on November 3rd, 2018 | by Chuck54
Citi $100/10,000 Points Referral Bonus on Double Cash, ThankYou, and American Airlines Cards [Links Now Working]
Update 11/3/18: The links are now being sent out via e-mail. The e-mail itself mentions the 24 month language, but the application links don’t. I’d be surprised if 24 month language doesn’t apply, but you never know when it comes to Citi. The offers are:
- Citi double cash: $125 after $625 in spend within the first three months (good offer if you’re also getting the $100 from the referral. Previous best has been $150)
- Citi American Airlines Platinum select: 50,000 miles after $3,000 in spend within three months (better offer available here)
- Citi ThankYou Premier: 60,000 points after $5,000 in spend within 4 months.
Update 11/1/18: Offer is now being sent out via email (via Reddit). You click the link in the email and input the referral information.
When logging into Citicards, many people are seeing a referral bonus page pop up with offers such as:
- Get $100 when referring a friend to Citi Double Cash. Max 5 referrals over the next 12 months.
- Get 10,000 ThankYou points when referring a friend to Citi ThankYou Premier card. Max 5 referrals over the next 12 months.
- Get 10,000 American Airlines miles when referring a friend to Citi AA Platinum Select card. Max 5 referrals over the next 12 months.
They do have odd/interesting terms whereby you first enroll, then YOU – the referrer – spends $500, and then you can get the bonus for each referral.
The Fine Print
- After you spend $500 in a 12-month period beginning from date of enrollment, you will receive a bonus Cash Back award of $100 for each friend you refer through this Refer-a-friend offer.
- Bonus Cash Back will post to your account within 1-2 billing cycles.
- You are limited to a maximum of 20 referrals and 5 bonus awards per 12 month period beginning from your enrollment date. (I interpret this to mean that you can send up to 20 referrals, after which point the system won’t allow you to send any more. But you can only earn a bonus on up to 5 who actually use the referral.)
I see this offer for Double Cash when logging in and others have seen it for various ThankYou and American Airlines cards. It’s only showing on the website, not in the app. Update 11/1/18: it’s now being sent out via email as well.
Keep in mind is that we don’t yet know what the signup bonus offer will be for the new member. If there is no bonus for new member, it’s pretty useless. It could get interesting if referrals have different language in the terms than regular signups.