Published on February 3rd, 2019 | by Chuck184
Citi Credit Card Referral Thread for AA, Double Cash, and Premier
Update 2/7/19: Be sure to check that the bonus information is showing properly with any email offer. A reader was told by Citi that the Citi Double Cash signup offer for the new member is expired: referrer still gets the $100 bonus, but new member gets nothing.
Citi just sent out another round of referral offers, you can see the details here. Citi does referrals a bit differently and you need to get the e-mail of the person you’re referring. I would personally recommend just trying to find a friend or family member to do this with as it will likely be easier, plus you’re helping a friend/family member (and maybe they will give you a nice little kick back) but I know some readers won’t be able to do that.
Here are the referral offers:
- Get $100 when referring a friend to Citi Double Cash. New member gets $125/$625.
- Get 10,000 ThankYou points when referring a friend to Citi ThankYou Premier card. New member gets 50k/$4k.
- Get 10,000 American Airlines miles when referring a friend to Citi AA Platinum Select card. New member gets 50k/$3k.
You can find your referral by getting a targeted email from Citi or by getting a targeted popup when you login. If you didn’t get those, you can’t refer.
This is going to be a bit different than normal, so please read the rules.
- Only people providing referrals (e.g sending the referral e-mails) should provide their e-mail address. People wanting to sign up for the Citi Premier can then e-mail asking for a referral to be sent out. Keep in mind the process is slow (e.g expect to wait a week or more to get your e-mail with unique URL and code).
- I’d recommend using a throw away e-mail that you are happy to check once or so a day. DO NOT use your primary e-mail address as it will be publicly visible.
- DO NOT post your e-mail unless you’re willing to check it on a regular basis (e.g once daily)
- Post only your e-mail address and the card you have a referral for. E.g. “Double Cash email@example.com”. No thanks, no extras, nothing! If your comment contains more than just your e-mail, it will be removed. If you’ve waited a day and still don’t see your referral show up, try going incognito and leaving it again.
- Top level comments only. Don’t leave your e-mail as a reply
- Make sure you’re able to refer people, not everybody is. Should show as a pop up after log in or you’ll get an email.
When choosing who to e-mail consider also taking a moment to look through the reader’s comment history to find someone who has been helpful in the past (click the “i” next to the commenter’s name to see their history). I know these rules seem harsh, but having strict rules helps minimize the amount of time we need to spend moderating these types of posts. Within a couple of days, we’ll close the comments to prevent abuse.