Published on August 14th, 2016 | by William Charles27
[YMMV] Citi / AAdvantage Gold Card: 40,000/50,000 Mile Bonus
- Citi has been sending out targeted offers for 40,000 miles on their Citi AAdvantage gold card. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- 30,000 miles after $750 in spend within three months
- Additional 10,000 miles after $5,000 in spend within six months
- Reddit user acslaterbro says that they were able to get matched to this offer from the current best offer of 25,000 miles after $750 in spend within three months. Obviously YMMV.
- Annual fee of $50 is waived for the first 12 months
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 1x mile per $1 spent everywhere
- 25% savings on eligible in-flight food and beverage purchases
- Access to reduced milage awards
- American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles not available if you have had any Citi / AAdvantage card (other than a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage card) opened or closed in the past 24 months (we believe this doesn’t go into effect until August 28th)
Pretty good bonus if you can manage to get matched to the higher 40,000 point bonus. This will be of interest to people who want to get an American Airlines bonus before the new Citi rules are in place. Just keep in mind you still won’t be eligible if you’ve opened or closed this specific card in the last 24 months.