Published on June 7th, 2017 | by Chuck73
Discover Savings $100 Bonus with $15,000 Deposit
Bonus is back again.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Nationwide
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: Deposit $15,000
- APY: 1.10%
- Initial Deposit: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Checking does have Chex inquiry
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None mentioned
- Expiration date:
May 15, 2017July 17th, 2017
- Insured: FDIC
- Get $100 bonus when opening a Discover Savings account by 7/17/17 and fund it with $15,000 by 7/31/17. Use promo code SAVE517D2.
There’s no landing page for this offer, but on the third page of the application there’ll be a promo code box. After inputting the promo code, you’ll see the terms of the offer. APY on this account is now 1.10%
The Fine Print
- Account must be opened by July 17th, 2017.
- $15,000 deposit requirement must be met by July 17th 31st, 2017.
- Not available to existing or previous Discover savings customers.
- Bank account bonuses are treated as interest and you’re required to pay taxes on them.
There are no fees to with this account.
Discover does not have any minimum balance requirement, and you can withdraw all the funds after opening the account and fulfilling the $15,000 deposit requirement.
Early Termination Fee
There’s no mention of a fee for closing the account at any time. Note that you need to leave the account open until March 31st or whenever the bonus posts.
This bonus is very often available, but usually it requires an affiliate link which we don’t use on our site; this current offer is a public one. We’ve been trying to get Discover to do a DoC only deal, but limited progress has been made.
This deal is pretty good if you can float $15,000. It doesn’t look like there is any deposit requirement length, so you should be able to deposit $15,000 and then immediately withdraw it. In the past bonus has posted around 5-15 days after the $15,000 requirement has been met.
Lots of people like the Discover bonuses since they are so easy to do, and the interest rate offered on the account is decent too (though not the best around). We will be adding this bonus to our list of the best saving account promotions.
Hat tip to Mehuk
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank