Published on August 22nd, 2017 | by William Charles179
[Expired] Discover Savings $150/$200 Bonus with $15,000/$20,000 Deposit
Bonus has been extended, click here more information here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Nationwide
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: Deposit $15,000 for $150 bonus or deposit $20,000 for $200 bonus
- APY: 1.15%
- Initial Deposit: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Checking does have Chex inquiry
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None mentioned
- Expiration date: Open account by October 2nd, 2017. Must deposit funds by October 16tth, 2017
- Insured: FDIC
- Apply for your first Discover Online Savings Account by 10/2/17. Enter offer code S817 when applying. Deposit a total of at least $15,000 into your account by 10/16/17 to earn a $150 Bonus or deposit a total of at least $20,000 into your account by 10/16/17 to earn a $200 Bonus.
The Fine Print
- Offer not valid for existing or prior Discover savings customers.
- Account must be open when bonus is credited.
- Bonus will be credited to the account by 10/31/17.
- Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- Offer may be modified/withdrawn without notice.
There are no fees to with this account.
Discover does not have any minimum balance requirement, and you can withdraw all the funds after opening the account and fulfilling the $15,000 deposit requirement.
Early Termination Fee
There’s no mention of a fee for closing the account at any time. Note that you need to leave the account open until October 31st or whenever the bonus posts.
Previously the bonus has been $100 for depositing $15,000 so this bonus is even better because at minimum you’re getting an extra $50 for the same requirements. The best part of this deal is that there is no deposit minimum length so you should be able to deposit the $15,000/$20,000 and then immediately withdraw it. In the past the bonus has posted 5-15 days after the deposited has been received. A lot of people like these Discover bonuses because they also offer a decent APY (1.15% currently), this is a good rate but there are better around. I will be adding this to the list of the best saving account bonuses. We aren’t sure if cumulative deposits will work, my guess is no but who knows for sure.
Big thanks to reader, Touserpandi who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications