Published on May 16th, 2017 | by Chuck0
United Educators 2% Rewards Checking on up to $10,000
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: 2% APY
- Availability: Nationwide
- Additional requirements: 12 transactions, e-statements, login
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Insured: NCUA
- United Educators Credit Union offers a rewards checking with a 2% APY rate on balances up to $10,000
Be sure to select the Kasasa Cash checking and NOT the Kasasa Cash Back checking (That account earns cash back on debit card purchases, up to $72 per year, but doesn’t earn a high APY.)
To be eligible for the 2% rate the following qualifying activities are necessary:
- Have at least 12 debit card purchases post and settle
- Be enrolled in and agree to receive eStatements
- Be enrolled in and log into online banking
Aside from the 2% APY on the savings account, there’s also an ATM refund benefit on the account, up to $20 per month when qualifications are met.
The Fine Print
- If qualifications are met balances over $10,000 earn 0.25% interest rate on the portion of the balance over $10,000
- Qualifying transactions must post to and settle in Kasasa Cash account during monthly qualification cycle. Transactions may take one or more banking days from the date transaction was made to post to and settle account. ATM-processed transactions do not count towards qualifying debit card transactions.
- “Monthly Qualification Cycle” means a period beginning one day prior to the first day of the current statement cycle through one day prior to the close of the current statement cycle.
- Interest earned in Kasasa Cash are automatically transferred to Kasasa Saver each statement cycle. Those balances in the Saver account will earn either .05% or .5% APY, depending if the qualifications are met on the checking account.
- ATM receipt must be presented for reimbursement of an individual ATM fee of $5.00 or higher.
- If qualifications are not met on Kasasa Cash all balances earn 0.05% APY
The credit union is available to anyone nationwide. Most people will only be eligible to join the credit union by paying a $5 fee to United Educators Foundation. You’ll also have to park $5 in a Share Savings account to open and keep an account with them.
It’s only 2% and just on up to $10k. Not really the best option out there. Check out our list of Best High Interest Savings Accounts for some better nationwide options. Nonetheless, we’ll add this to the list as well.