Published on August 10th, 2019 | by William Charles99
1st United Credit Union $100 Checking Bonus [Select CA areas only]
Update 8/10/19: Deal is back and valid until September 30th, 2019.
Update 01/27/18: Deal is back for 2018. Thanks to reader eric for sending this through.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Must Work in / resident of Alameda, Contra Costa, Kings, San Joaquin, Solano or Stanislaus Counties CA, or have family member with account there
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: Use promo code and complete debit card transaction
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: $2,000
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $25, 6 months
- Expiration date: Valid until
December 31st, 2017 December 31st, 2018December 31st, 2019
- Household limit: None mentioned
- 1st United Credit Union are offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new checking account with them when you complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code OPEN100
- Establish a qualifying direct deposit of $500 or more within 60 days of account opening
- Activate and make a signature or PIN purchase with debit card within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Offer not available to existing 1st United checking accounts.
- Checking account and debit card establishment are subject to credit approval.
- Members age 12-15 require an adult joint owner.
- To receive $100 incentive: 1) open new checking account using promotional code CKG2019; 2) establish a qualifying direct deposit of $500 or more within 60 days of account opening; 3) activate and make a signature or PIN purchase with debit card within 60 days of account opening.
- A qualifying direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government. Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- Offer expires December 31, 2017 and is subject to change or withdrawal at any time.
- Incentive will be credited after all requirements are fulfilled, beginning April 10, 2017.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There is an early account termination fee of $25 if closed within 6 months of account opening. This account does not have any monthly fees
Soft pull and a nice amount of credit card funding makes this a good deal. I’d like to see another report of it being a soft pull before adding it to our best checking & savings bonuses list.
Big thanks to reader, Curmudgeon who let us know. Please consider sharing bank bonuses with this site so we can make it even better.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank