Published on September 26th, 2017 | by William Charles43
[Expired][AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, TN, & TX] IBERIABANK $300 Checking Account Bonus
This bonus has expired, but plenty of other great checking bonuses. Click here to view the best ones still active.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, TN, & TX. Must live within 60 miles of a branch to open online, otherwise you need go to in branch to open
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: Maintain minimum balance of $5,000 or more
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: Up to $500
- Monthly fees: $20, waiveable
- Early account termination fee: Six months, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: December 1st, 2017
- IBERIABANK is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new High Interest Checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Maintain a daily minimum balance of $5,000 or more
- Receive $500 or more of combined direct deposits per statement cycle within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- How to qualify for $300 Cash Bonus: Primary signer must be a new checking client to IBERIABANK who 1) Opens a new High Interest Checking account with new money not currently held by IBERIABANK; 2) Maintains a daily minimum balance of $5,000 or more; AND 3) Has $500 or more of combined direct deposit per statement cycle made to this account within 60 days of account opening. Direct deposit must be an electronic deposit of a paycheck, pension, or government benefits (such as Social Security) from an employer or the government.
- $300 bonus will be credited to the new checking account within 90 days from account opening if the above checking requirements have been completed.
- Limit of one cash bonus per household in a 12-month period.
- Offer is not available to clients that have previously held an account at IBERIABANK.
- Trust or Fiduciary relationship checking accounts are not eligible for this offer. If your new checking account is closed within the first six months, the earned bonus will be deducted at account closing.
- Offer ends 12/1/17.
- A minimum balance of $5,000 is required to obtain the Annual Percentage Yield (APY) disclosed. APY is variable, accurate as of 9/6/17, and is subject to change after account opening. To the extent required by law, IBERIABANK may report the value of the offer to the IRS on a Form 1099. Monthly service charges may apply – review account terms for details.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Early Account Termination Fee
Money market needs to be kept open for six months to avoid any fees as far as I can see there is no minimum requirement for the checking account.
High Interest Checking $20 Monthly Fee
The $20 monthly fee on this account is waived if you do any of the following:
- Maintain an average monthly balance of $5,000 or more
- Or, combined monthly average collected balance of $25,000 in any personal deposit account;
- Or, an outstanding principal balance of $25,000 in any personal loan accounts;
- Or, you are a small business owner and have an IBERIABANK small business checking account*
Previously this bonus was much better, you could get $300 for opening the checking account without a direct deposit and you could get another $100 for opening a savings account and depositing $5,000. Now you need to deposit and maintain $5,000 and receive a direct deposit for a bonus of only $300. It’s still a good bonus compared to other bank account bonuses, but compared to bonuses IBERIABANK has offered it’s not very competitive. Because of that I won’t be adding it to our best bonus page.
Big thanks to reader, NN who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times