Deal has ended, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: Nationwide
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500 per month for two consecutive months
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: $500, Visa or Mastercard only (you can also fund a savings account with another $500, but cannot be opened at the same time as checking otherwise limited to $500 across both accounts)
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None mentioned
- Expiration date: January 31, 2023
- Amalgamated Bank is offering a $250 when you open a new online checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Fund your new Online Checking account with external funds
- Enroll in Amalgamated Online Banking
- Make direct deposits of at least $500 for two consecutive months by April 30, 2023
The Fine Print
- This account can only be opened online. It cannot be opened at an Amalgamated Bank branch.
- The value of the bonus may have to be reported to the IRS. Consult with your tax advisor for tax advice.
- Online checking account is considered open and eligible for promotion upon bank approval and receipt of account funding by February 15, 2023.
- Direct deposit include ACH credits of payroll, pensions or government payments payable to you. Note: that a direct deposit of less than $500 will not qualify you for the $250 bonus. All three requirements must be met by 03/31/2023. Offer is limited to one per customer and is only valid for accounts in good standing.
This account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
Unsure if there is any EATF or not.
Last time Amalgated offered a bonus was in 2016, so not sure how current the old data points are. Assuming this is still available nationwide this will be a popular bonus that is worth doing and we will add this to our best bank bonuses.
Hat tip to Bockrr
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times