Published on November 24th, 2018 | by William Charles152
[Dead] Amazon: Get 20% Off When You Use At Least One Membership Rewards Point ($100 Maximum Discount) [YMMV]
Update 12/6/18: Looks like the deal is now dead. If somebody gets it to work, please let us know.
Update 11/24/18: Reposting as some people have been able to do the deal a second time (for a total of $200 in discounts) others have been able to successfully use the code when it wasn’t possible before. Goodluck and report your successes/failures in the comments below.
[Update: Reposting as we added the promo code and some more FAQ below.]
Direct link to offer (our affiliate link here & below)
- Get 20% off on Amazon when you use at least one Membership Rewards points from American Express.
- Activate the offer at the direct link or try using promo code: AMEXTURKEY5 at checkout.
The Fine Print
- This promotion starts at 12:00 am PST on November 22nd, 2018 and ends on the earlier of (i) at 11:59pm PST on 12/23/2018, or (ii) when Amazon elects to end the promotion.
- Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel this offer at any time.
- Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com (Look for “sold by Amazon.com” or “sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC” on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Offer does not apply to digital content.
- Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted promotional items.
Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $100.
- Offer applies only to the purchase of items made with a Membership Rewards eligible American Express Card, where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is activated. When you click on the ‘Click to activate’ button your Membership Rewards points will be temporarily set as default payment method at checkout for a duration of six hours, unless you manually update your payment option. The promotion remains valid even after the temporary default setting lapses, until the end of the promotion period.
- Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
- If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
- Promotional discount may not be redeemed for Amazon.com Gift Cards.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
Works on everything apart from Amazon & Visa gift card. Some interesting options:
- Amazon Black Friday deals
- Amazon: Apple Watch Series 3 From $199
- Amazon Devices Sale: Echo Dot From $19.99 & Other Discounted Devices
- Amazon: Apple iPad (Wi-Fi, 32GB, Latest Gen) For $249
- Amazon: 20% Off Select Third Party Giftcards (Starting 6AM PT 11/23)
- Amazon Subscription Boxes – 10-75% Off (First Month Only)
- Amazon: 1 Year PlayStation Plus Membership – $39.99
- Gift cards
Looks like not everybody is eligible. For a full list of ways to save on Amazon, click here.
How can I make myself eligible for this deal?
If you don’t have a registered Membership Rewards card, add the card and register that for shop with points. In the past, the way it’s worked is that you have to wait 24 hours from registering the card until the activation link will show up.
Also, if the link doesn’t work, try the promo code: AMEXTURKEY5 and see if that works at checkout. Again, this offer may be targeted and may not work for everyone.
Do you need prime for this deal?
Can the deal be used more than once?
Yes, a reader reports being able to use it more than once; you’re just limited by the $100 total discount.