Published on June 3rd, 2019 | by Chuck18
American Express Business Card Referrals Now Have Increased Signup Bonus Offers Incognito
Using your referral link from an American Express business card can now get you the increased signup bonus offers. Previously, these offers were only found when using a referral link from a personal Amex card, typically Everyday, Green, and BCE. (Thanks to cowsareverywhere on r/churning.)
It’s well known that you can often find increased signup bonus offers by going incognito or sometimes by using a VPN. In fact, it’s often possible to find those increased offers even when using a referral link, thus enabling you to get the referral bonus at the same time that the new member gets the increased bonus.
In the past, it was select personal cards that usually brought up these incognito offers, but now these are showing from business cards as well. That’s good new since Amex recently lowered the referral bonus (for referring member) on Green and BCE. Going forward, you can use a referral from a card like BGR which has a 20,000 points bonus for the referrer or from the Platinum card for 15,000 points for the referrer. Using these links, you’ll find the increased signup bonus offer for various personal cards, listed below.
Reader Andrew sees the increased offer using the referral link from the personal Gold card as well. There may be more cards that work for this too.
Here’s how to find your referral: Login to your Amex account online > Find ‘Refer A Friend’ in the menu at the bottom of the page > Select the card you want to refer from (find the one with the largest referrer bonus) > Select ‘Referral Link’ to get your link > paste that link incognito or tell your friend to paste it incognito, try various browsers if the first one doesn’t work > at the bottom of the page, go to ‘Looking for a personal card?’ > hopefully you’ll see the increased signup bonus offers.
Increased offers include:
- (Application Link) Blue Cash Preferred $300 Offer with $1,000 in spend. This is much better than the typical standard offer of $150, though we’ve seen $350 in the past.
- (Application Link) Blue Cash Everyday $250 Offer with $1,000 in spend. We’ve seen this before, this is about as good as it gets.
- (Application Link) AmEx EveryDay 25,000 Membership Rewards Offer. We’ve seen this before, fantastic offer. Also now comes with an introductory APR period and no BT fee.
- (Application Link) Amex Everyday Preferred 30,000 Membership Rewards Offer. We’ve seen this before, this is as good as it gets.
- (Application Link) American Express Gold 50,000 Membership Rewards Offer. We’ve written about this before.
- (Application Link) AmEx Cash Magnet Credit Card $250 Offer with $1,000 in spend. We did once see $300, but this one has much less spend. This is the best offer we’ve seen.
- (Application Link) American Express Personal Platinum 75,000 Points after $5,000 in spend. We’ve seen this in the past. Also might be possible to get the 100,000 point offer using this approach.
- (Application Link) American Express Green Card: 25,000 points after $1,000 in spend