Published on October 1st, 2015 | by William Charles13
American Express Increases Blue Cash Preferred To $250 & AmEx EveryDay Preferred To 30,000 Points
- Receive 30,000 American Express Membership Rewards points after $2,000 in spend within three months on the AmEx EveryDay Preferred card (standard bonus is 15k points after $1k spent)
- Receive $250 on the Blue Cash Preferred after $1,000 in spend within the first three months (standard bonus is $150 after $1k spent)
To get these offers, you might need to open the links in incognito mode multiple times.
AmEx EveryDay Preferred
This card will earn a 50% bonus if you use the card 30 times or more per month. Below we’ve listed the rewards with this added and without:
- U.S supermarket purchases: 3 points per $1 spent (4.5 points per $1 spent with the bonus added)
- U.S gas station purchases: 2 points per $1 spent (3 points per $1 spent with the bonus added)
- All other purchases: 1 point per $1 spent (1.5 points per $1 spent with the bonus added)
There is also an annual fee of $95 not waived
Blue Cash Preferred
- U.S supermarket purchases: 6% back on the first $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%)
- U.S gas station purchases and select department stores: 3% cash back
- All other purchases: 1% cash back
There is also an annual fee of $75 not waived.
The non annual fee versions of these cards recently had similar increased sign up bonuses ($250 for the blue cash and 25,000 points for the EveryDay), these cards are considered separate products so you could get both bonuses (or all four bonuses) but keep in mind you can only get each bonus once per lifetime with American Express. Given that they have offered similar bonuses on the non annual fee cards, I’d personally wait for higher sign up bonuses to come along unless you plan to take advantage of the bonus categories in the short term.
Hat tip to US Credit Card Guide