This deal has expired and is no longer available. Click here to view the best current credit card bonuses.
Just a friendly reminder that this deal is due to expire on March 28th. If you’re interested I’d recommend getting it sooner rather than later and why not use a readers referral link that provides useful comments?
- American Express is offering a sign up bonus of up to 35,000 points on the SPG business card when you spend $7,000 or more within the first three months.
- Valid until March 28th, 2018
- Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product
- Annual fee of $95 is waived for the first year
- No foreign transaction fee
- Boingo internet access for up to four devices
- Premium in room internet at all SPG hotels
- Earn 2x points on all SPG purchases
- Earn 1x points on all other purchases
- Comes with Sheraton Lounge Access
- Has reciporcal earning with Marriott/Ritz-Carlton
35,000 is the highest bonus we’ve seen on this card and $7,000 is one of the lower minimum spend requirement. We saw the 35,000 offer twice last year, once in November which required $10,000 in total spend and February with a $8,000 spend requirement. I can’t see this bonus going higher than 35,000 points so I’d recommend applying for this card and offer if you can meet the spend requirement. Because of this I’ll be adding it to the best business bonuses.
I personally find SPG points very valuable for a few reasons:
- Properties are priced reasonably in points (35,000 points goes a long way to compared to other programs)
- They transfer at a rate of 1:3 to Marriott
- They can be transferred to airline partners at a 1:1 rate with a 5,000 mile bonus for every 20,000 transfered
You can view the best uses of SPG points here. American Express usually doesn’t match sign up bonuses if you’ve recently applied for this card, what they will do is offer courtesy points. You must call in to receive these courtesy points and sometimes it’s necessary to escalate to a manager. Make sure you stay polite and be kind to your phone reps, they don’t owe you anything and are more likely to help somebody that is polite and nice than somebody who makes demands.
Also worth remembering you’re not eligible for this bonus if you’ve held this card before. If you have any other questions about American Express, please read this post before asking them in the comments. Also referrals are available for this offer, please do not post your links in this comments section or you will be banned. You can share them in this linked post if you follow the rules.
Hat tip to dragonflysexparade