9/5/20: Reports of this showing up frequently again.
Update 8/11/20: More reports of readers seeing this more frequently as well as Running With Miles.
Update 7/2/20: Seems like the 45,000 offer is showing up more frequently again. Green cardholders currently get an additional $10 wireless credit.
Update#2 2/20/20: Two tips from reader’s comments on getting the 45,000 offer:
- For non-referral: go incognito and google search ‘amex cards’, click the ad link that appears on top, navigate to the Green card and it’ll hopefully be 45k. (I couldn’t get the 45k to show, but using this tip it worked.)
- For referral: readers say using any regular referral link can get the 45k offer to show if you’re using VPN.
Update 2/20/20: Some are seeing the 45,000 points offer again via referral link. I’m not seeing this on mine (Chuck). Hat tip beckhsrules
Update 1/13/20: The increased bonus is due to end on 1/15/20 so last few days remaining
Update 12/14/19: Some people are seeing this offer (45,000 points after $2,000 in spend) but with a $150 away credit when using a referral link. Hat tip to intervested99
After months of rumors the American Express Green card has now been refreshed and is accepting new applications.
The card is now a regular credit card, rather than a charge card. This is important to note due to how many American Express credit cards you can have. Update: It might just come with pay over time enabled as a default and still be a charge card. Still a charge card
Sign Up Bonus
- $100 luggage credit from brand Away
- 30,000 Membership Rewards after $2,000 in spend within the first three months (45,000 points seems to be available incognito mode)
- Valid until 1/15/20
It’s also possible to get an offer of 35,000 points with a $150 luggage credit via referrals (don’t share your referrals in the comments below). 45,000 point incognito offer is a better option unless a loved one/family member is referring you I guess.
- Annual fee of $150 (not waived first year)
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 3x points on
- Restaurants worldwide
- Travel including flights, hotels, transit, taxis and ridesharing services.
- 1x points on all other purchases
- 3x points on
- $100 CLEAR credit per calendar year
- $100 Loungebuddy credit per calendar year
- No foreign transaction fees
Don’t think this card is worth keeping long term, a sign up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points is OK but nothing special. The 45,000 point bonus available in incognito mode is much more attractive and I’d definitely recommend signing up for that offer ASAP if you see it. Keep in mind the sign up bonus is once per lifetime. As always please read this post on everything you should know about American Express cards.