Published on January 13th, 2015 | by William Charles22
American Express Personal Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $1,000 Spend
- American Express is currently offering 50,000 Membership Rewards points after $1,000 on spend on the personal version of their Premier Rewards Gold Card.
Getting this offer to appear can be a bit tricky, you’ll need to use the following link: https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card/premier-rewards-gold/25330 and keep opening new windows until it appears. I was able to get it to appear using internet explorer, but just keep using different browsers and incognito mode until it shows up.
The same thing happened with the business version of this card, but the maximum bonus is 75,000 points. I spent 30 minutes opening new windows and browsers trying to get a 75,000 offer on the personal version to appear but i was unable to.
The Fine Print
- If you are identified as a current or former American Express Card Member, this offer may not be available to you
- Annual fee of $175 is waived for the first year
- Earns at the following rates:
- 3x points on airfares
- 2x points at supermarkets and U.S gas stations
- 1x points everywhere else
You can only get each American Express personal bonus once, so it’s up to you to decide if you think this bonus will go higher or this is the best it’ll get. I’m personally going to hold out for a 75,000 point bonus on this card as I think they need to up the bonus to compete with their own EveryDay cards.
It’s great that the minimum spend on this cards is only $1,000 as most people should be able to hit that with just their regular spend. I imagine if a higher 75,000 point offer does come available it will have a minimum spend of at least $3,000 but more likely to be $5,000.
Useful credit card posts about American Express:
- American Express personal cards are not churnable, you can only get the bonus once per life time.
- Check to see if you have any targeted bonuses with American Express
- Remember that American Express back dates your new credit cards
- American Express does combine multiple credit pulls into one, learn more here
- American Express usually does not match higher sign up bonuses, but it’s always worth asking.
- American Express will expedite some cards
- It’s possible to get American Express to increase your credit limit by three times it’s starting amount, found out how to do it here.
- If you don’t get approved automatically, make sure you call the reconsideration number.
- This card has an annual fee, considering downgrade it before the annual fee hits in the second year. Here are your best options for American Express
- Learn how to re-allocate your credit limits with American Express
Big thanks to reader Kurt, if you find any deals like this please contact me