- American Express is offering a new sign up bonus on the Platinum personal card, as follows:
- Get 60,000 points signup bonus when spending $5,000 within 3 months.
- Get 20% back as a statement credit when you make a purchase at restaurants worldwide within the first 12 months of Card Membership, up to $300 back.
This offer is showing on the Resy website (restaurant reservation app), but the 20% credit is showing for any restaurant spend, unrelated to using Resy.
- Annual fee of $550 is not waived the first year
- Authorized Platinum cards are $175 for three user (then $175 per Platinum)
- Authorized Gold cards are free
- Full details here
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 5x points per $1 spent on purchases made with airlines or with American Express Travel
- 5x points per $1 spent on hotel bookings made directly from the American Express travel website
- 1x points on all other purchases
- $200 airline incidental credit per calendar year
- $200 Uber credit ($15 per month and additional $20 in December)
- Lounge access:
- Centurion lounge access
- International American Express lounge access
- Delta SkyClub lounge access
- Priority pass select membership
- Airspace lounge access
- Internet Access:
- Unlimited Boingo internet access
- SPG gold status (this will also give you Marriott Gold status)
- Hilton gold status
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓
- No foreign transaction fees
- View these other hidden benefits
- You can only get the sign up bonus on American Express cards once per lifetime.
60,000 is the standard bonus on the Platinum card, this offer throws in $300 in extra value. However, when compared to YMMV 100,000 points offer, that’s obviously a better deal. Also check to see what offers you get from a referral link – I checked a referral link and see a 75,000/$5,000 offer which might be a better deal if you are in 2-player mode.
In any case, this new offer is interesting to see; a similar offer with a 20% credit is available on the Gold card as well. If you’re thinking of applying, make sure you read these things everybody should know about American Express cards first.
Hat tip to aqwertyyii