Published on December 17th, 2018 | by Chuck8
AmEx Offer: TripFuel, Spend $200 & Receive $50 Statement Credit, Repeat 3x [Hotel Booking]
Check your American Express login to enroll in the following offer:
- Get a $50 statement credit when using your enrolled card to spend $200 online at tripfuel.com/amexoffer by 6/3/19.
Tripfuel is a Priceline company for hotel bookings, see analysis below.
The Fine Print
- Must spend $200 or more in a single purchase.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Offer valid only for hotel bookings through www.tripfuel.com/amexoffer.
- Excludes all other Booking Holdings Inc. brands, such as but not limited to booking.com, priceline.com, and rocketmiles.com.
- Limit of 3 statement credits per Card Member.
I did one search and a hotel was pricing at $599 instead of $483 when comparing with other sites. American Express seemed to do something similar with HotelStorm offers as well, offer something like $50 cash back on $200+ spend and then the hotels are all over priced. Even if this site did price competitively you’re better off stacking discounts with Hotels.com to get 30%+ off. Keep in mind with third party online hotel bookings like this you don’t get elite night stay credits, hotel points or your status recognized in most cases when booking chain hotels.
In my opinion American Express needs to clamp down on this type of offer if the hotel booking website is pricing significantly higher than other sites on a frequent basis. If you do your own price comparisons, please share your results in the comments below. For now I’m giving this offer zero stars out of ten.
Hat tip to DDG
- AmEx Offers: An Introduction & Profitable Examples
- How To Sign Up For Multiple American Express Sync Offers
- Amex Offer Credit Not Posting, What to Do?
- How Does American Express Decide Who Receives What AmEx Sync Offer?
- Do I Need To Make A Single Purchase For AmEx Offers, Or Is It Cumulative?
- What Happens When You Have Two Active AmEx Offers For The Same Store?
- Amex Offers: Do Electronic Wallets Trigger the Offer Credit?