Published on September 16th, 2014 | by William Charles0
AmEx Offers: $5 Statement Credit When You Spend $15+ At Walmart.com
- Receive a $5 statement credit when you use an American Express card enrolled for this offer and spend $15 or more at Walmart.com
[Read: An Intro To AmEx Offers]
The Fine Print
- Valid until November 30th, 2014 or until stocks run out
- Only valid online for purchases at walmart.com, in store purchases do not count and neither do international versions of walmart.com
- Offer not valid on gift card reloads and prepaid cards
Despite the terms saying that it’s not valid for gift card reloads, multiple people have reported receiving the confirmation e-mail from American Express after making a gift card purchase. Walmart has a large selection of giftcards for different retailers which would be worth a look, even if you plan on reselling them for a slight profit.
If plan on just making a regular non-gift card purchase from Walmart.com then make sure you shop through a shopping portal (all portals specifically state no gift cards and I haven’t heard of any paying out on gift card purchases). Cashbackmonitor has Shop Discover at 5% cash back or Choice Priviledges at 6/pts per $1 spent.
I’ll update this post if/when myself/others start actually receiving the $5 statement credit for gift card purchases.
It’s worth reading through these posts as well:
- How To Sign Up For Multiple American Express Sync Offers
- How Does American Express Decide Who Receives What AmEx Sync Offer?