Published on November 9th, 2018 | by Chuck35
[Expired] Amex Offers: Best Buy 3,000 Points or $30 Back with $300 Purchase
Deal has expired, view more AmEx offers by clicking here.
Amex released another one of their twice-annual Best Buy offers. Here are the two versions of the offer:
- Spend $300 at Best Buy or bestbuy.com and get $30 back as a statement credit
- Spend $300 at Best Buy or bestbuy.com and get 3,000 Membership Rewards points
The Fine Print
- Valid through 12/31/18.
- You can meet the $300 threshold in a single transaction or combined across multiple transactions.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Your enrollment does not extend to any other Cards that may be linked to the same Membership Rewards program account (such as Additional Cards). Offer is non-transferable.
- Valid at any participating location in the US and US Territories.
- Not valid for e-gift card purchases.
- Excludes corporate gift card purchases. Not valid at outlet locations. Excludes Best Buy Express, Geek Squad services made outside of Best Buy, Best Buy Parts Store, Best Buy Direct, Best Buy Education, Best Buy Ignite, Best Buy Secondary Markets, Best Buy Private Store & Auction or at standalone Pacific Sales stores.
- Purchases may fall outside of the offer period in some cases due to a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction (for example, the purchase date for online orders may be the shipping date).
Works out to be a 10% discount/rebate, as in prior offers. This offer usually comes up twice per year, once in the summer and once at year’s end. It’s from the more useful Amex Offers since Best Buy stores, and even bestbuy.com, sell numerous gift cards which make it easier to maximize the offer.
Check out this comprehensive post Everything you ever wanted to know about Buying Gift Cards at Best Buy to learn more about which gift cards to buy at Best Buy in-store or online. Options include $200 Visa gift cards for $205.95 (don’t think these are available anymore), eBay gift cards, gas gift cards, restaurant gift cards, and more. The options are slimmer online, but they do now have eBay and dining gift cards (Starbucks, etc.) online.
There aren’t any easy gift card resell ideas here, but still useful for regular use at 10% off + points. And of course it could be useful for buying electronics too. Best Buy will usually match competitors prices so you can get a really good deal by adding this 10% off.
- Remember to Shopkick when you make Best Buy purchases
- Remember to go through a shopping portal for online purchases (might not work for gift cards)
- Get up to 2.5% back in Best Buy Rewards on your purchases, even gift card purchases
You can split up a charge with up to 10 different credit cards in Best Buy stores. Online you can only use one card.
Of course, when offers like this come around, the new limit-one-per-person Amex Offer rule hits home harder. Be sure to choose which card you want to use. Remember, you can save one cash offer for $30 back and another points offer for 3,000 points back since that’s considered separate. I only found the offer on one of my cards, so it seems it a bit more targeted than it’s been in the past, regardless.