Published on July 3rd, 2016 | by Chuck33
Amex Offers: Free Sam’s Club Membership + $10 Moneymaker [Targeted]
There’s a targeted Sam’s Club offer you might see in your Amex login:
- Get a $45 statement credit by using your enrolled card to spend $45 or more in a single transaction on a new Sam’s Club Membership
- Valid through September 30, 2016
- Valid on new memberships only
- Only valid for memberships purchased in-club at any Sam’s Club in the USA, not valid online or over the phone
Sam’s Club $10 Bonus Offer
There’s another deal going
on through July 4 (only two days left, today and tomorrow!) offering a $10 Sam’s gift card when purchasing Sam’s membership.
Just enter you email address on the landing page, and you’ll get an instant email with a unique code for the $10 gift card offer.
Notes about Membership Purchase
The fine print stipulates:
- Valid only on a new Sam’s Club Membership (Savings, Business or Plus) purchased in-Club at a Sam’s Club location in the 50 U.S. states
- Not valid on membership renewals, upgrades, add-ons or additional membership or any purchase of Sam’s Club Gift of Membership or Prepaid Sam’s Savings Membership
Tips & Notes
- Let your past membership expire and sign up for a new one; that should work to trigger the offer. If you still have a bit of time left on your Sam’s membership on September 30 when this Amex Offer expires, try going along with a family member and opening a second membership under their name.
- Previous Sam’s membership offers were truly limited to membership purchases, and we assume this one will work the same. No way to fool it by purchasing gift cards at the Member Services desk; this offer will only get you membership, nothing else.
- If you have the offer on multiple Amex cards, you should be able to buy Sam’s Club Plus membership for $100 and split the charge between two cards, reducing the cost of Plus to just $10. I’d guess this would work to trigger two Amex Offers. (Plus membership gives you 2% cash back rewards on your Sam’s purchases paid out at year’s end, among other perks. See this Comparison Chart for more details.)
Update: Multiple people are reporting that Sam’s ends up charging BOTH cards $100 when you try splitting up the $100 between two cards. This is obviously a bug/glitch and you should be able to fight the charge, but beware.
Interesting to see such aggressive marketing by Sam’s. First they offer a temporary free membership to Costco members through July 4th, then they add a $10 bonus for whoever signs up for a paid membership (details above), then they release this Amex Offer making membership effectively free.
This offer is targeted, and I couldn’t find it on any of my cards or AU cards, unfortunately. If you do have this offer, try going in to Sam’s today or tomorrow (July 3 or July 4) so that you’ll get the extra $10 Sam’s gift card. Just make sure to check out their holiday hours schedule.
Remember that Chase Freedom is offering 5x at Wholesale Clubs, including Sam’s, until year’s end. You can spend $1,500 in July – September and $1,500 in October – December and get 5x on that spend. That’s another bonus for shopping at Clubs.
And Sam’s has the best gift card options from all Wholesale Clubs, so even if you aren’t enamored with doing your regular shopping at Wholesale Clubs, it might be worth taking out this membership to be able to buy up gift cards at Sam’s or samsclub.com. (Sam’s Club accepts all major U.S. credit cards.)
View all our Amex Offer posts here and check out these 12 Things to Know about Amex Offer Deals. Also keep in mind that there’s also a free membership deal at BJ’s with Amex Offers that some people are still seeing. Valid through August 31.