Published on April 13th, 2019 | by Chuck168
[Expired] Amex Offers: Save $25 on $45 Sam’s Club Membership, Stack with $20 Dosh, $20 Acorns, $20 Referral and Much More
Deal has expired, view more Sam’s Club deals by clicking here.
Update 4/13/19: Acorns is up to $20, valid through April 14th. Also, now get $20 Sam’s gift card by signing up at this page (better than $10 via referral). Dosh is down to $10 (down from $20).
Check your American Express login for the following offer:
- Register your card and get $25 off a $45 Sam’s Club membership purchase at samsclub.com/JoinAMEX
The Fine Print
- Valid through 5/15/19.
- Offer valid only on a new Sam’s Club Membership purchased online at US website (SamsClub.com/JoinAMEX) and not valid on memberships purchased in-Club, via mobile app or by phone.
- Excludes membership renewals, upgrades, add-ons or additional membership or any purchase of Sam’s Club Gift of Membership or Prepaid Sam’s Savings Membership.
Stacking the Deal
- Register your Amex card for this Amex Offer to get $25 back.
- Link your Amex card with Dosh and get
$20$10 back when you buy a Sam’s membership + 2% back on purchases. (If you are new to Dosh, you can signup with my referral code CHUCKS2 and get $5 when you link a card.) Wait 24 hours from time of linking card to time of making purchase.
- Link your Amex card with Acorns and get $20
$10back to your Acorns account when you buy Sam’s membership (new Acorns members can signup with Swagbucks for a $7 bonus or use my referral link and get $5 when you start investing). [Previously, I’d written that Dosh and Acorns can’t stack since they both run on Empyr, but readers in the comments indicate that in this case they’re both able to work.]
- The Scan and Go deal which gives you $45 value is still working (despite showing a March 7th expiration date on the original landing page – you’ll see the updated date in the email they send) – see also this comment.
- Signup through a referral link and get a
$20$10 Sam’s gift card – here’s my Sam’s referral link. (It shows $20, but it really only works for $10.) See also this comment.
- Click through a shopping portal, Topcashback is currently at 7%. It may not track since you’ll be using a special referral link, but it worked for me. Just click through and then go to the referral page and hopefully the browser cookies will retain the tracking.
- New Sam’s members can get a slew of freebies by playing their treasure hunt.
I believe that buying membership without going through the official Sam’s/Amex link has worked in the past to trigger the offer credit which. If it works this time, that would mean you can signup with any special offer page too, e.g. that Scan & Go deal or any other gift card offer.
All in, you can pay $45 and get back: $25 from Amex +
$20 $10 from Dosh + $10 $20 from Acorns + $45 value from Scan & Go + $10 referral $20 signup bonus + some value from the treasure hunt + hopefully portal tracking.
All in, could be a nice moneymaker with free Sam’s membership. Please add whatever stacks we’re missing to the comments below.
Hat tip to reader Feb