Published on January 16th, 2017 | by William Charles19
Avianca Credit Card Issues – Card Auto Declined & Passcode On Account
Reader Tom let me know that he has been having issues with his new Avianca credit card. Here’s what’s happening/happened:
- Applied 12/28/2016 and was approved
- Received card one week later
- Card activated
- Card now gets declined whenever he tries to use it
- When he calls customer service they tell him their is a passcode on his account and transfer him to the fraud department
- They claim their systems are having issues and it’s affecting all cardholders (not true)
He isn’t the only one running into this problem, others on Flyertalk are also having issues. If anybody has any idea on how to resolve these issues, please share your experiences/tips in the comments below. Hopefully somebody knows a work around as this is one of the top credit card offers currently.
I’ve also contacted Banco Popular about the issue and will update this post if I get a response.