Published on October 20th, 2017 | by William Charles20
[Expired][AZ only] BBVA Compass $200 In Branch Checking Bonus
This deal has expired, you can view a current list of the best offers here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Eligible branches in AZ only or via phone.
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $300+
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: All recent DP say soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: $300, no AmEx allowed (no credit card funding in branch)
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Bonus forfeit, one year
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: October 30th, 2017
- BBVA Compass is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new checking account at any eligible branch (or via phone on 1-800-Compass. Phone applications do not work) and receive a qualifying direct deposit of at least $300 within 60 days of account opening. $25 opening deposit required and credit card funding isn’t allowed in branch so bring cash.
The Fine Print
- You must be a new BBVA Compass consumer checking customer who has not had a BBVA Compass consumer checking account opened within the last 90 days or closed due to negative balance to be eligible for the bonus.
- Eligible accounts include BBVA Compass ClearChoice Interest Checking, BBVA Compass ClearChoice Free Checking, and Easy Checking.
- Within sixty (60) days of account opening, at least one electronic direct deposit from an unrelated 3rd party (e.g. your employer or a government agency) in the amount of at least $300 must post to the new checking account.
- The account must be opened at one of the participating branches above or via 1-800-Compass, Option 2, with the account housed at a participating branch.
- We reserve the right to deduct the bonus amount if the account is closed within 12 months of opening.
- There is a maximum of one (1) bonus per household.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Easiest account to keep fee free is the BBVA Compass ClearChoice Free Checking account as this has no monthly fee to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
Account needs to be kept open for 12 months otherwise they reserve the right to deduct the bonus.
I wonder if you can open an account if you live outside Arizona via phone. Seems like a pretty good deal if you’re eligible as it’s a $200 bonus for a direct deposit of $300+ and there are no monthly fees to worry about. All the recent datapoints point to it being a soft pull now as well which is great. I’ll be adding this to our list of the best checking account bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times