Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Must live, work, worship or attend school in Maricopa, Pinal or City of Tucson counties
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: 10 debit card transactions, must use promo code
- Hard/soft pull: Mixed DP
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $200
- Monthly fees: Unknown
- Early account termination fee:
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Arizona Federal Credit Union is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code PHXRISING
- Complete 10 or more debit card transactions within 45 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- To qualify for $100 bonus, you must open a Checking Plus Account and be 18 years age or older and a brand new member with no existing account relationships with Arizona Federal, as determined by having a unique Social Security/tax identification number not on record with the credit union.
- Former members may qualify as a new member if previous accounts were closed 12 or more months prior to new open date.
- Bonus will be paid approximately 15 days after completing 10 debit card purchase transactions.
- Debit card purchase transactions must be completed and posted to the new member’s account within 45 days of account opening. Transactions in a pending status do not qualify. All bonuses are considered income and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-MISC. This promotion cannot be combined with any other offers. Limit one new member bonus per person. Business, indirect borrower, fiduciary, non-dues/voting accounts do not qualify. Only Arizona Federal members in good standing qualify for this program. Terms and conditions subject to change without notice. Offer may expire at any time.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Account has a $3 monthly fee, this is waived with 10 debit card transactions.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find the fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is an early account termination fee
Bonus itself looks easy to meet the requirements for, we still need to know if there is any monthly fee and if it’s a soft pull to open. If there is no monthly fee (or it’s easy to keep fee free) and it’s a soft pull then this looks worth doing.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times