Deal ahs ended, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Update 11/12/22: Deal is back, this time the $300 bonus does require a direct deposit.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Available to Arizona residents only
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $6, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: 90 days, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2019
- MidFirst Bank is offering a bonus of up to $300:
- Get a $300 account credit when you open a new qualifying checking account and have a recurring monthly direct deposit of $500 or more to the new account within 90 days of opening. The direct deposit must be an electronic deposit of the account owner’s paycheck, pension or government benefits, such as Social Security. Electronic deposits made from one personal account to another do not qualify. Direct deposit must be received to the account in two consecutive calendar months to be considered recurring.
- Get a $150 account credit when you open a new qualifying checking account and complete 10 debit card purchases AND three Zelle® transactions in the MidFirst Bank Mobile Banking App within 90 days of account opening.
The Fine Print
- To receive the $300 checking offer two of the three requirements below must be completed within 90 days of new account opening:
- 1) Have direct deposit of $250 or more made to the new account. The direct deposit must be an electronic deposit of the account owner’s paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security).
- 2) Complete 10 debit card purchases. Multiple swipes for the same purchase amount at the same merchant do not qualify, and ATM transactions are not eligible.
- 3) Complete 3 Zelle transactions on the MidFirst Bank Mobile Banking App. Zelle transactions conducted in another banking application are not eligible.
- Promotional offer available in Arizona only, and is not available to those whose accounts have been closed within one year or closed with a negative balance.
- Existing MidFirst Bank checking customers are not eligible for the checking offer.
- Must be age 17 or older.
- Promotional offer valid for accounts opened 9/1/2019 through 12/31/2019.
- Promotional offer subject to change without notice and is not valid with any other promotional offers.
- Account must be open and in good standing to receive an account credit.
- The applicable credit will be made to the eligible customer’s checking account within 30 calendar days following completion of all requirements.
- Account credits are considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT (or applicable tax form).
- One new promotional account per household.
- Offer must be mentioned at account opening to qualify and all accounts are subject to approval.
- Go! Checking, Sun Devil Checking, and Sun Devil Solution Checking accounts are not valid for this offer.
- Account Closing: Accounts closed within 90 days of opening may forfeit the amount equal to the promotional account credit received.
- Sweepstakes: Terms and conditions apply.
- Click here today for official rules and alternate entry methods.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The M checking account required for this bonus has a $6 monthly fee, this is waived with a $250 or more monthly recurring direct deposit or $1,000 minimum average daily balance
Early Account Termination Fee
Account must be kept open for 90 days to avoid any early account termination fee.
Previous bonuses have been for $200 but this required opening an account in branch. This is a better deal as the account can be opened online and it’s for an extra $100. There is usually a smaller offer for those in OK as well, but I can’t seem to find that currently. In terms of this offer itself, this is a fantastic deal and well worth doing – especially as no direct deposit is required. I’ll be adding this to our list of the best bank account bonuses.
Hat tip to reader Sam L
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times
- Update 11/16/21: There is also a $200 bonus that is available to all of OK.
- Update 9/4/21: Deal is back and valid until12/31/2021. Also there’s a link in Tulsa OK this time. Hat tip to TJ