Published on February 23rd, 2019 | by William Charles8
[AZ only] VantageWest Up To $300 Checking/Credit Card Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Must live, work or worship in Pima, Pinal, Cochise, or Maricopa Counties, Gila River Indian Community Reservation, Arizona’s “Copper Basin” Area. Possibly in branch only as well? [Branch locations]
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: Open credit card
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull for checking account, likely hard pull for credit card
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: $2,000
- Monthly fees: None-$12, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Six months, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2019
- VantageWest is offering a bonus of up to $300 when you open a new checking and credit card. This is actually interesting, as the VantageWest Connect Rewards Card earns 5% in rotating categories. You need to spend $1,500 on the credit card you open. The bonus you receive depends on the checking and credit card you open:
- Obviously you’ll want to open the Connect Rewards card as it earns 5% back in rotating categories.
The Fine Print
- Promotion runs Feb. 13 – Dec. 31, 2019. Second qualifying product must be opened within 30 days of first qualifying product.
- Minimum opening deposit of $20.00.
- Both qualifying products must remain open for at least 6 months or you may be responsible for reimbursement of any bonus awarded.
- Account must be in good standing.
- The Rewards Points bonus will be credited to your rewards account within 30 days of the date the last requirement is met.
- Cash rewards will be awarded as points ($100=10,000 points).
- Limit one new checking account and one new VISA, per membership and per member.
- Promotion offered only for new checking accounts and credit cards and does not apply to increases, conversions or re-opening of a closed account or credit card. Certain restrictions may apply.
- See Vantage West Rewards terms and conditions for details and restrictions of the program. Accounts subject to approval. Federally insured by NCUA.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
If you open this with the rewards card you get a $200 bonus and this account has no monthly fees.
If you open this with the rewards card you get a $300 bonus. If you have an average daily balance of $3,000 or combined average daily balance of $10,000+ or monthly direct deposit of $750 the monthly fee of 12 is waived.
Early Account Termination Fee
Both checking and credit card account need to stay open for six months to avoid having the bonus clawed back.
Best way to think of this is just a credit card bonus that requires also opening a checking account. The credit card itself is actually useful and doesn’t normally come with a sign up bonus so I think now is definitely the time to sign up for it. I’ll add this to our list of best credit card bonuses.
Hat tip to readers New M & Richard G
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times