- Get the Bank of America Travel Rewards card and receive a 20,000 point/$200 signup bonus after spending $1,000 within 90 days.
Typically, this card comes with a $100 bonus after $500 in spend. The bonus is now doubled, along with the spend requirement.
The Fine Print
- No annual fee and no foreign transaction fees
- Earn unlimited 1.5 points for every $1 spent on all purchases
- 20,000 online bonus points if you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days – which can be redeemed for a $200 statement credit toward travel purchases
- Redeem points for a statement credit to pay for flights, hotels, vacation packages, cruises, rental cars or baggage fees
This signup bonus is almost as good as cash similar to the Barclay Arrival reward points which are redeemed for travel. A $200 cash signup bonus is pretty good on the scale of cash signup bonuses.
I’m considering this one, mostly because I don’t have a single Bank of America credit card. Maybe I’ll go for a couple BoA cards at once with the expectation that the inquiries will be combined. You can even mix personal cards and business cards and it should be combined, which is useful if you plan on applying for the $2000 checking account bonus which requires opening a business credit card.
HT: physixfan on Reddit
Other useful bits of info about Bank of America:
- Bank of America cards can be churned
- BoA reconsideration phone number
- BoA will often match a higer signup bonus, if you applied recently try calling in
- Some had success with freezing their credit report and convincing BoA to pull a different report
- You may be able to have your BoA card expedited upon request
- View your prequalified BoA offers
- Best downgrade options for BoA