Published on September 18th, 2017 | by Chuck231
[Expired] Barclay Arrival+ Now with 50,000 Point Bonus, Worth $525 in Travel
[Update 9/18/17: According to DansDeals this offer will end tomorrow 9/19/17. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT IT LOOKS LIKE BARCLAYCARD HAS A NEW 6/24 RULE FOR THIS CARD. PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND. ALTHOUGH IT DOESN’T LOOK TO BE A TRUE HARD RULE IT’S WORTH READING UP ON]
[Update 9/12/17: According to OMAAT, this signup bonus offer will end within the next few days. Offer began on 9/16/16, almost a year ago.]
- Signup for the Barclay Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard and get 50,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 within 90 days
- $89 annual fee, waived the first year
- No foreign transaction fee
- Points are worth $.01 per point when redeemed for travel (which makes the signup bonus worth $500)
- Double points on all purchases (effective earning rate of 2.1% back on all purchases)
- There’s also a 5% bonus after redeeming points (redeem 50,000 points and get 2500 points bonus, for example)
The card wasn’t available for signup at all via ordinary channels until a couple weeks ago. Good to see them increase the bonus. I don’t think they’ve ever had anything more than the 40k offer as a public offer so this is a unique opportunity to get an extra $105 value out of the card.
If you just applied recently, try escalating to a supervisor and you might have success getting the new bonus matched.
Remember that Barclay doesn’t limit us to once bonus per life, and so long as you don’t currently have the card you can signup again. And Barclay typically pulls Transunion which is a lesser used bureau. Arrival+ wasn’t on my plate, but maybe I’m considering going for it with the 50k bonus.
It’s worth reading 26 Things You Should Know About Barclaycard Credit Cards before applying.
Hat tip to welltraveledmile
- How To Get Matched To The 50,000 Barclaycard Arrival Plus Offer
- Can I Get the Barclay Arrival Plus if I have the No-Fee Arrival?